Project Mahogany/Steel Deskbuild. "The Dream"

Viestiketju alueella 'Koteloprojektit' , aloittaja koverhar, 19.06.2016.

1. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Well I got a huge update coming in 2-3 weeks but here's a sneakpeak:)

This is what will become the new screenholder for the 49 inch samsung. And jesus christ it was hard to find someone willing to bend a 60mm pipe to my specifications. Had to travel quite far to get this done, wasn't cheap either:S Props to Mikael for the welding.

[​IMG]

Viimeksi muokattu: 08.04.2018
  2. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Well here we go, the legs have been redone. They now have a more smooth and round shape at the upper part.

[​IMG]

Also increased the surface area and therefor strengthened the structure with about 150% more surface area.

[​IMG]

Obviously the legs will get sanded down and chromed.

[​IMG]

Time to get that screen onto this table then :)

Screenholder getting bored and threaded

[​IMG]

Using a 65 mm thick shaftsteel to hold the screen in place

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trown in place

[​IMG]

Tried to get the shape of the screen emulated and keep the same curvature of the wood

[​IMG]

And mounted in place!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a heavy piece now:)

[​IMG]

Testfitting the back wood panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is sanding and getting back some of the things from chrome

3. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Thanks for the kind comments!

Time to do a small update. Getting my chromeparts back the 17th of marsh

Got my cableholders back from powder coating. Each hole holds 6 MDPC 16 gauge wires and the bigger hole on the righthand side keeps 5 satadata cables.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to make a truly wooden pc to do the cables for the motherboard without ripping out my motherboard in my current pc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got a few layers of the key as well to keep the grease and dirt of my fingers away from the wood. The wood is Flaming Birch

[​IMG]

And here's my lamp that will be in the same room as my desk. Just for the luls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just started with this and it's not really a priority but if anyone wanna make a lamp here's 1 way to do it :)

4. Jomena

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Images doesn't seem to load, can't even access the site where they are :/

5. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Fixing it, FIXATAAN SE!

6. Signa

Rekisteröitynyt:
    I believe it has something to do with imgur being non-commercial while murobbs has a marketplace. Hence theyve blocked https-hotlinking to here, but "http" might still work.

7. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Well what the hell do I do know. My blog is dead here then:S If I can't link any pictures. Works on every other forum

8. Signa

Rekisteröitynyt:
    The pictures seem to work in quotes ;) I know it would take a lot of time to change all pics from https to http but that works!

Test: (http://i.imgur.com/mySEqVQl.jpg) -> [​IMG]

EDIT: nvm, using quote only work for me :confused: Tried on different browsers etc. and theyre broken. But that test-pic seems to work in many browsers :cool:

Viimeksi muokattu: 19.03.2018
  9. ZZRX

Rekisteröitynyt:
    it works for me

10. Sprspy

Rekisteröitynyt:
    i can see the last picture with http :)

if its too much work is the project somewhere else?
    would really like to see how it turns out.

11. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    I'll fix this. Just not tonight!

12. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Works on my browser now, hopefully on yours as well!

13. Signa

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Now atleast I see only the first pics on every post with multiple pics :confused: Are you posting into same imgur-album or creating new album everytime? Not that it matters in this case/problem but you could possibly use single large album and put the pics in some sort of order. This buildlog is my main reason to visit Murobbs nowadays :rolleyes:

14. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Is there any other finnish computersites with buildlogs?:D Come back next week i'll reroute every picture here and hopefully that will work.

15. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    It is time then. Second to last assembly. This time every single thing will be built into the table with the exception of putting in the water. Then disassembly one final time prep the parts and go to town and hope the end result was worth it.

With that being said here we go.

I just love how nickel plating looks and feels. I had to clean them up a bit with window cleaner but they were looking fantastic in general

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Starting from scratch again pretty much :)

1 LEG!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to change the type of bolt for aesthetic reasons

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 legs now and some interior panels :)

[​IMG]

Time for the radiator grills :)
    [​IMG]

Portside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Starboard

[​IMG]

Installing the big ones

[​IMG]

With the special fasteners

[​IMG]

Also put in a bit of a cheat to make sure they didn't sag at all. Screw wont be visible

[​IMG]

16. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Key mechanism installed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to cut a hole out of the back panel to feed motherboard cables to the screen etc. This won't be visible either

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Painted the reinforcement

[​IMG]

All chromed parts in place

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Key in place as well as the usb/audio plate also that nickel plated. Key as previously made from flaming birch. 5 or 6 layers of 2 component varnish to not stain the wood.

[​IMG]

I like the color scheme

[​IMG]

Monitor back on with the glass

[​IMG]

17. koo2mikko

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Menin sanattomaksi! Upeaa - mahtavaa!!

18. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Time for a small update. Parts will start to get installed tommorow :)

Anyways let's get going, repainted and extended the black to now have any wood show in bad places from the outside

[​IMG]

We made a part for the ethernet and power cable. This way you can easily connect and disconnect the cables with 4x m8 bolts. Obviously this gets powdercoated too

[​IMG]

This will hold a lot of weight if need be. No chance of power cable coming loose

[​IMG]

Pumps arrived, remade the stands for them as well. You'll see how they're mounted very soon (Mainframe m7 )

[​IMG]

Hinges mounted

[​IMG]

Love how it reflects everything :)

[​IMG]

Testing the 2 component epoxy glue on some other glass. Supposedly an area of 56 square centimeters should hold 7000kg of tension force.

[​IMG]

Protecting the wood and hinges from the glue if we get it wrong and use too much. I recommend this specific frozen pizza package for this ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wide shot with the hinges in. No picture with the glass glued because i'll let it cure overnight just to make sure

[​IMG]

19. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Got the hinges finally glued and glass works :) I gotta say though this was by far the hardest part of the build for us. Like really time consuming and really challenging. Took 3 people to mount this thing and figuring out how to do these hinges was a pain but I'm so happy it's done :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ¨

This is fully enough so you can reach the components if need be

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Parts getting installed. The pumps the Psu and the 360 rad are now bolted down. With the first official hardline pipe as well :)

[​IMG]

Bad picture but here's how I'm getting through the wood, There's no joint at all actually :)

[​IMG]

The pumps.

[​IMG]

20. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Finally got cables done. Done a few special ones like feeding the pumps and the fans on the same cable with 5 volts going to the fans and 12 to the pumps, Installing all of these bad boys next week

[​IMG]

There's plenty of future expansionroom. Got myself another row of connectors ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pipes are done as well but they will go out and in one more time so you'll get more pictures after

[​IMG]

Actually sleeved the cables outside the pc as well :D

[​IMG]

21. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Time for final assembly. Bit time consuming but fun :D

So everything went out and the wood got polished a final time with some carvarnish and canvas. Then the cable combs were predrilled and installed. Then taken out again :D

[​IMG]

Then panels were put in and the cables thrown there.

[​IMG]

Bad picture but that small box keeps all the 230 volt. So we get cables for the screen, DAC and psu while using minimal space

[​IMG]

After a few hours of getting frustrated the combs were installed. This is a 2 man job:D one guy holding the comb while the other inserts 72 cables in order

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still got to watercut a comb or 2 for the 24pin atx and satapower so this is a bit of a mess still. Good enough to get running though.

[​IMG]

Apologies for those expecting the newest coolest gpus etc. This is my old trusted 3930k-i7 and 2 gtx 980s. I trust this rig and there wasn't money to buy brand new stuff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work continues but not that much longer left :D

22. Jomena

Rekisteröitynyt:
    "Apologies for those expecting the newest coolest gpus etc. This is my old trusted 3930k-i7 and 2 gtx 980s. I trust this rig and there wasn't money to buy brand new stuff"

Doesn't really matter when you're building a masterpiece! And still it has the power to build a town lol. Keep us updated, I really like following this project!

23. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Time to go to the fair!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the pictures of the finished build. Thanks for sticking around. And yeah I won Dreamhack summer casemod masterclass :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. koverhar

Rekisteröitynyt:
  25. Anttivaisanen

Rekisteröitynyt:
    Is this mod at assembly summer?

Viimeksi muokattu: 02.08.2018

Jaa tämä sivu

Alibi
Anna